I've always had trouble wrapping burritos. I can never get the filling to stay inside, and I've discovered the reason is because I've never used the proper tortillas. Burrito tortillas are HUMUNGOUS! And the only place I've found them at are Mexican grocery stores. Having the right tortillas really makes a difference.
Oh, and you know those Grilled Burritos that they have at Taco Bell? They're really on to something! Grilling burritos may not be authentic, but it sure does make them tasty!
- Chicken breasts
- Shredded cheese
- Burrito tortillas
- Put chicken breasts in a heavy bottomed pot and pour in salsa. You don't need to cover the chicken all the way because it will release a bit of liquid on its own.
- Bring the chicken/salsa to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and tender enough to shred with a fork.
- Shred the chicken and flavor with salt and pepper (or other spices of your choice) if necessary.
- Take a tortilla and layer the cheese, beans, rice, chicken and any other extras you like (tomtatoes, guacamole, sour cream, etc) and wrap up the burrito. Be generous with the fillings, those tortillas can hold a lot!
- Grill the burrito on each side until brown and crispy.
- Share with a friend...these suckers are big!