As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Duncan Hines cake mixes. Because I got so many samples, I kept looking for alternative things to do with it because I don't really eat cake. But I do eat cookies!!! This was another super easy one and surprisingly tasty too. I didn't think cookies made out of cake mix would be any good, but these were! I'm definitely doing this again in the future.
From Skip to My Lou
- 1 box of cake mix (I used White Cake Mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Strawberry frosting (optional)
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Scoop out 20 portions of the cookie dough on a silpat (smooshed down a bit) and bake for 10-13 minutes
- When the cookie has completely cooled, frost it if desired.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
- One box of cake mix
- One 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- Mix the cake mix and pumpkin puree until fully incorporated. The consistency will be super thick and brownie like. You'll probably be tempted to add something to it because it just doesn't look right, but keep with it. It'll work, I promise.
- Follow the rest of the directions on the back of the box. In my case, I lightly oiled and floured a pan and poured the batter in and baked for 35 minutes.
I wonder if this would work with other purees like sweet potato or butternut squash? If you've tried it, let me know!
Posted by gaga at 10:36 PM