I had some leftover cucumber from the sushi that I wanted to use up, so I decided to make a pasta salad with it. I basically used whatever I found in the fridge and this is what I came up with. It was pretty good in my opinion and would go well with grilled chicken.
*Edit - I added some cut up ham to the leftovers for my lunch the next day and it was even better!
- 1/2 pound of pasta (I used shells)
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1 can of corn drained
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- marinated artichoke hearts
- ham (diced)
*These measurements are just estimations. Do yours to taste according to your preferences.
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook the pasta until al dente and then run under cold water to cool it off
- Mix the pasta and other ingredients in a large bowl
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar. Close the jar and shake. Taste it and adjust the seasonings/ingredients as needed.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and veggies and mix.
- Serve alone or as a side.