Monday, June 2, 2008

Pasta salad


I had some leftover cucumber from the sushi that I wanted to use up, so I decided to make a pasta salad with it. I basically used whatever I found in the fridge and this is what I came up with. It was pretty good in my opinion and would go well with grilled chicken.

*Edit - I added some cut up ham to the leftovers for my lunch the next day and it was even better!

Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound of pasta (I used shells)
- 1/2 cucumber diced

- 1 can of corn drained

- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly

- marinated artichoke hearts
- ham (diced)

Dressing:
*These measurements are just estimations. Do yours to taste according to your preferences.

- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar

- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt

- pepper
- dill
- oregano


Method:
- Cook the pasta until al dente and then run under cold water to cool it off
- Mix the pasta and other ingredients in a large bowl

- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar. Close the jar and shake. Taste it and adjust the seasonings/ingredients as needed.

- Pour the dressing over the pasta and veggies and mix.

- Serve alone or as a side.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Great way to use up leftovers!