Sunday, February 7, 2010

Parmesan Bread Twists



I had leftover dough when making pizza, so I decided to make some parmesan breadsticks. They're fun for entertaining and easy to make. I did have some trouble keeping the bread from unraveling after twisting them, but in the end, I think they turned out okay.

Ingredients:
- Pizza dough (you can use store bought or this recipe)
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Oregano or parsley or other herbs
- Salt
- Oil

Directions:
- Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle. If you have trouble rolling it out because it keeps bouncing back, let the dough rest 10-15 minutes and try again.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, garlic powder, herbs, and salt to taste on the bottom half of the rectangle.
- Fold the top half of dough over the part with the filling and using a knife or pizza cutter, cut it into ~3/4" strips.
- Twist each strip and place it on a lined baking sheet.
- Let them rest for about 20 minutes.
- Brush them with oil.
- Put them into a 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they're golden brown.

20 comments:

Catherine said...

I love homemade bread twists...I've saved this recipe and will be trying it soon!

Cinnamon-Girl♥ said...

What a great use for leftover dough! Delicious.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

nice twist !

TasteHongKong said...

Great idea, gaga, I love this : ).

Sook said...

Beautiful photos! I made some breadsticks last night too.

Juliana said...

Yummie, love the twist...great pictures!

noobcook said...

That's a cute looking snack! :)

Joanne said...

Whoa these sound awesome! Parmesan and garlic are always the way to go.

Claudia said...

Parmesan? Bread dough? I'm in. Taste-filled and easy - cannot beat that.

TabzChewy said...

these look gorgeoussss! I'm going to be craving this for the rest of the day...

Sophie said...

They look awesomely delicious!

tigerfish said...

Nice twists and turns ;)

Ben said...

Oh those look delicious! I am always making pizza at home so I know what to make now next time I have leftovers.

averagebetty said...

Your breadsticks look perfect! I can never get mine as perfectly twisted as yours - great tips!

Jo said...

Great idea for left over dough and I am sure these disappeared real quick.

pigpigscorner said...

What a great idea! They look so delicious!

petite nyonya said...

Wishing you & your family Gong Xi Fa Cai !

SnoWhite said...

Yummy! Love how pretty the twists look :)

Gala said...

Love the idea!
And besides the trouble they look pretty twisted to me!

arundati said...

i love this...am going to make this soon...bookmarking