Not particularly blog worthy, but I've never made it before, so I thought I'd blog about it.
Broccoli is a super healthy and yummy veggie, but I always stir fry it with a bit of garlic and soy or oyster sauce and sometimes with some other veggies or meat. That doesn't particularly well with western food like a steak or grilled chicken, and steaming is boring, so I decided to give this a try. Lemme just say, YUMMY!!! I think I might be doing this from now on instead, even with Asian dishes. I can do variations like sesame seeds and soy or teriyaki sauce to make it more fitting, right?
- 1 broccoli
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- sprinkling of salt
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 475deg
- Wash broccoli and cut florets into even sized pieces. Peel the stem of the tough skin and cut into bite size pieces.
- Toss oil, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and broccoli together
- Lay on a sheet in a single layer
- Roast for ~10 minutes or until the desired tenderness and color is achieved
- Pair with something else yummy or eat alone!