Monday, May 26, 2008

Shrimp, mango and avocado soft tacos


Hmm...the jury is still out on this one. The mango that I used was overripe and so it made it too mushy. I see the potential though. I truly think this could've been good with a better mango. Anyway, here's how I made it...

Ingredients:
- Shrimp
- Mango
- Avocado
- Tomato
- Black beans
- Cilantro
- Salt
- Lemon or lime juice
- Garlic
- Tortillas
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Onion (optional)

Method:
- Peel and clean the shrimp. Toss it with a bit of salt and minced garlic and saute or grill until cooked.
- Dice the mango, avocado, and tomato. Chop the cilantro. Dice the optional jalapeno and onion.
- Mix everything together and put it into a warm tortilla

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks great! I love the combination of flavors - so refreshing. I know there are green mangoes that are popular in asian markets... I might try this with the green mangoes to see how they compare. :)