We had a few friends over for what my hubz called Rocktoberfest. It was October and the intent was to play Rock Band 2. Get it? Rocktoberfest! He's so clever! Oh, and don't forget the beer! NEVER forget the beer :)
Along with the drinks and rock band 2, we also served a few simple snacks, and these BBQ Chicken Quesadillas were one of them! It's so easy to dress up something as simple as a quesadilla into something a bit fancier. And the nice thing about these is that it's so flavorful that it doesn't need salsa or any other toppings (though you're more than welcome to add them), so it makes great finger food without the mess.
- Flour Tortilla
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Black Beans
- Chicken Breast (grilled with salt and pepper and then cubed)
- Lay the tortilla out in a pan on medium heat. You'll have to move relatively quickly to keep things from burning, but quesadillas are not difficult to make, so it shouldn't be a problem.
- Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on the entire tortilla.
- Sprinkle some corn kernels, black beans and the grilled chicken on the same half that you put the bbq sauce on.
- After the cheese has melted a bit, fold the quesadilla over and let everything melt together.
- When the first side is nicely browned and crispy, flip it over so the other side can get browned and crispy.
- Cut into wedges and serve!