This stuff is heaven on a plate! It's also heart attack on a plate and deserves to be a part of thisiswhyyourefat, but it's totally worth it!
San Diego Mexican food is (in my opinion) some of the best. I mean really, a San Diego carne asada burrito consists of a delicate, perfect tortilla, meat and guacamole. That's it. Don't mess with a good thing. There is no need for silly rice or beans or *gasp* lettuce! Leave it alone dammit!
Carne asada french fries (carne fries for short), are another example of a San Diego Mexican food perfection. Can you tell that I really like San Diego Mexican food? It's one of the things I miss the most. That, the weather, and the beaches. Oh, I suppose my friends and family count too :)
Since I can't seem to find carne fries outside of San Diego, I had to make it myself. It's so simple, yet sooo so sooooooo good. Just take a big fat heaping pile of piping hot french fries, smother it in shredded cheese. Top that with a healthy dose of good old carne asada and finish it off with a bit (LOT) of guacamole. Cover it or stick it in the oven so that the heat of the fries and the meat melt the cheese into a glob of ooey gooey goodness. This is perfect "snack" after a late night of drinking, and great for dinner, lunch, and heck, even breakfast!
And since Blazing Hot Wok is featuring Mexico for this month's Regional Recipes event, I'm submitting this. Check out the roundup which will be hosted by Wandering Chopsticks or submit your own before March 15th.
- French fries (recipe here)
- Carne asada (recipe below)
- Shredded cheese
- Pile hot french fries on a plate.
- Top with a large mound of shredded cheese.
- Add chopped up carne asada.
- Dollop lots of guacamole on top.
- Cover or pop in the oven until the cheese is melted and delicious.
- Stuff your face.
- Go to the gym.
- Beef (flank steak is typical, but any cut is fine since we're chopping it into such small pieces)
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Marinate the beef in all the spices, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Chop into small pieces.