Saturday, February 7, 2009

Potato Slabs

I saw these at Amber's Delectable Delights and knew that just I had to make them for our Super Bowl party. How she got them to be so evenly sliced, I have no idea. But regardless of how they look, they taste great!

Both the hubs and I like them better than traditional potato skins. Potato skins, although crispier, are often too oily. If we could just get these crispy like potato skins, they'd be perfect. Maybe deep fry them instead of baking them next time?

Source - Amber's Delectable Delights
Ingredients:
- Potatoes (I used russett)
- Bacon
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream, chives, etc (optional)

Directions:
- Cut the potatoes into ~1/4 inch slabs.
- Lay them out in a single layer on a buttered baking sheet and put them in a 350 degree oven until soft (about 30 minutes).
- Crisp up the bacon and crumble into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bacon bits on the potatoes and put them back in the oven until melted.
- Top with sour cream and chives if desired.

8 comments:

Reeni said...

They look awesome!! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

This is why I could never go on the Atkins diet. Give up potatoes?? Never!

~Amber~ said...

They look awesome, I am glad that you enjoyed them. I baked them on my stone and they were nice and crisp for me. LOL at the even slices thing. A good ole trusty knife did that for me.

gaga said...

Thanks for the tips Amber, I'll definitely try them next time. Thanks!

MaryBeth said...

YUM-O.... I could eat a whole plate all by myself.

Olga said...

Uhm, cheese and bacon? I'm so glad I don't keep Kosher :) These look great!

That Girl said...

I'm also dying to make these - but afraid I'll eat way to many!

Anonymous said...

Those look like the best little appy ever! Yum!