Saturday, March 27, 2010

Miso Soup


Since I already had the miso out, I thought a nice accompaniment to the salmon would be a miso soup. This was also simple, quick and healthy with minimal cleanup. I love meals like this!

Ingredients:
- Miso
- Water
- Dashi (pellet-like fish stock base)
- Wakame (dried seaweed - but not the sushi kind)
- Tofu
- Green onions

Directions:
- Boil some water in a pot.
- Add dashi according to the package directions, stirring to dissolve the pellets.
- Add miso paste to taste.
- Add in the wakame.
- Dice the tofu and gently slide it in.
- Gently stir the soup so that everything is mixed.
- Garnish with a bit of freshly chopped green onions.

11 comments:

Joanne said...

Double the miso - double the fun! That is the saying right?

ann low said...

This is exactly how I make miso soup. Simple and nice.

Laura in Paris said...

The shot is beautiful, the lacquered bowl looks great, and the soup inside .. miam!

Noob Cook said...

miso soup is a wonderful companion to many asian dishes. yours look really good!

Anna said...

Love miso soup, I didn't know it was that simple to make. Thanks, :-D

tigerfish said...

It is a soup which whets one's appetite for more yummy food.

Carolyn Jung said...

A favorite that I never tire of. It's so great to be able to whip this up anytime ya need that miso fix.

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

I love miso soup but Lon doesn't so it's been rare for me in the last couple of years. =(

TasteHongKong said...

It is always good to have miso soup, I need to replenish my miso soon : ).

petite nyonya said...

I almost wanted to buy the miso paste at the supermarket the other day. Regret I didn't :(. I love miso soup!

Reeni said...

Perfectly delicious alongside your salmon! So light and healthy!