Friday, March 23, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes

My daughter adores blueberries, and she loves everything bread-y, so I though she'd love these.  However, that was not the case, which is fine by me because I liked them, so more for me :)

I'm no pancake expert, but these seemed pretty light, fluffy and yummy to me.  Hopefully you'll enjoy them too!

Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I did 1/2 cup of white whole wheat and 3/4 all-purpose white)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tbs melted butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen)


Directions:
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together.
- Beat the egg and mix in to the flour mixture, along with the milk, then butter then blueberries.
- Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Heat a little oil in a pan or griddle and scoop a spoonful of batter in.  Let it brown, then flip.  Remove when both sides have been browned and the batter is cooked through.
- Serve with syrup, butter or whatever other toppings you like.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Blueberry pancakes are my favorite...these look so good.

kacper@tastyquery.com/ said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!

Name change in Tamil Nadu Gazette said...

It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.

Real Estate In Chennai said...


Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thank you for supplying these details.