Saturday, April 26, 2008

Garden Update

The first strawberry of the season! Nice, bright, red, and hopefully delicious. Our strawberries were very sweet last year, so I expect the same this year.

Look how many are on their way!!!

The previous owners really had a green thumb and left us with lots of goodies (like these strawberries).

My thumb however, is not quite as green. Here's an update to my previous post. My tomato and basil "sprouts" were actually weeds =( Our gardener accidentally kicked over my planter with the mint and I think I overwatered (and killed) the garlic chive. *sigh* But I have one redeeming plant - my cilantro! Yay!


I'm going to attempt the basil again by starting them indoors this time around and bought some already started seedlings for the tomatoes.

Now, if I could just get rid of those darn gophers... any ideas?

No comments: