Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Southwestern Chicken Salad


This Southwestern Chicken Salad was inspired by Chevy's and their salsa vinaigrette that's yummy AND healthy! Fat free baby! I love it when healthy things are delicious...

Ingredients:
- Romaine hearts cut, washed and dried
- One chicken breast grilled with salt and pepper, sliced
- Black beans (from a can and washed)
- Corn (I prefer canned for this because it's sweeter)
- Avocado (sliced or diced, your preference)
- Tortilla chips (I used the crumbs left at the bottom of the bag that are too small for scooping salsa)
Other possible ingredients that would be yummy too:
- Diced tomatoes
- Crumbled bleu cheese
- Crumbled bacon bits

Dressing (the best part):
- Salsa and Balsamic Vinegar (I used a 3:2 ratio, but you can do whatever you want based on your own preference) and fresh cracked black pepper.

Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Your picture is lovely and it sounds delicious- I love the idea of balsamic and salsa together, I never would have thought of that!