Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

So I've decided to jump on the bandwagon again and try another recipe that I've been seeing all over the internet lately.  This one was a bit disappointing though.  Not that it wasn't good, but it wasn't as amazing as I expected based on all the accounts I read.  It tasted like sweet hummus, not cookie dough.  Maybe if I didn't know it was made out of chickpeas, I wouldn't have thought that, but I did.

Even though I generally like to make healthy alternatives whenever possible, I think this is one of those times the real deal with all the unhealthiness is worth it.

Ingredients:
- Chickpeas
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Salt
- Sugar
- Honey
- Chocolate chips


Directions:
- I used canned chickpeas, so I drained 2 cans of chickpeas while reserving the liquid from the can.
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor along with the peanut butter (about 2 tbs), vanilla extract (2 tsp), salt (a pinch), sugar and honey (I don't know how much I used because I just kept adding it until it tasted like I wanted it to).
- Puree the mixture until sooth and creamy.  I found it to be a bit dry, so I added a bit of the liquid from the can until I got the desired consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips and then top it with a few more as a garnish.
- Serve with graham crackers or vanilla wafers.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Yeah I feel like this might be a mind over matter kind of thing...only one way to find out though...cookie dough dip taste test!

Claudia said...

But it sounds so intriguing. I have a child (grown) who thinks cookie dough makes all things possible.

MaryBeth said...

Sounds interesting, but I don't think I could wrap my head around it enough to enjoy it..

Anonymous said...

台湾一对一聊天室 , 聊天室交友 , 视讯网络聊天室第九视频 , 异性视频交友 , 黄色视频聊天室 , 聊性的聊天室 , sm聊天室 , 免费qq性聊天网 , 性聊天室官网 , 一对一性聊天室