Monday, April 20, 2009

Crustless Quiche

There was a period of time when my hubz was on Atkins. The first week or two was really fun for him, eating endless steak, bacon, cheese and other goodies without guilt while losing weight! After a while though, that got tiring so I was constantly on the lookout for Atkins friendly recipes that would add a bit of variety to his diet.

One of his favorites was crustless quiche. Even though he's not on atkins anymore, he was in the mood for it, so he whipped up a batch himself, put them into muffin tins so that they'd make convenient little bite-sized snacks.
I'm submitting this to the Tasty Tools Event hosted by Joelen's Culinary Adventures which is featuring muffin pans this month.

Ingredients:
- Eggs
- Milk or Cream (we use soy milk)
- Cheese
- Filling (you can use whatever you like. My hubz used broccoli and ham this time)
- Salt
- Pepper
- Oil

Directions:
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until nice and fluffy.
- Mix in the cheese and fillings. It's a good idea to pre-cook most ingredients to get all the water out first.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the muffin tins in oil to prevent sticking. I find a quick spray with Pam to be the easiest.
- Fill each muffin tin with the egg mixure.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean (about 20-30 minutes).
- Pop them in your mouth and enjoy!

10 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks delicious and a great addition to Tasty Tools this month! Thank you for your submission!!

Reeni said...

These look delicious! I have a mini muffin pan that would be perfect! Just big enough to pop in your mouth! YUMMM!!!

Christina Kim said...

Ooh! Almost a cross between crustless quiches and mini-frittatas.

That Girl said...

I think the benefit of crustless quiche is that it comes together so much more quickly than quiche with crust.

MaryBeth said...

I love it better with no crust, it looks so yummy!! Please come by my blog and enter my new cookbook giveaway!

Dragon said...

This is a wonderful addition to Tasty tools :)

RaZoR Speaks said...

So are you a professional cook now dangggg

We are back in SD the house is in San Marcos, we miss you.

Janet_Gourmet Traveller 88 said...

Crustless sounds amazing, be honest with you I am the one who likes eating the quiche filling but not the pastry crust, I find it fattening. I have to bookmark your recipe. Really great idea. I have some muffin paper cases, can serve as finger food too. Does the Atkins work actually? I need to lose a few pounds too. How long do you need to go on?

lisaiscooking said...

That's a great idea to bake them in a muffin tin. Looks delicious!

Recipe man said...

look amazing with such refreshing tastes